Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Rat Race Week

This has been a week that I am very thankful is over. Been busy but good. Monday was a typical Monday for us with Skai going to school and Landon having cubs after work and FHE after dinner ( Mondays always seem long for me as Landon goes to work early and basically dosen't come home until after Cubs).

Tuesday was the day I was dreading all of last week as Landon had to go up to Calgary to support Truehope in its court case against Health Canada. He was up just before 5am and I kind of woke up with him but stayed in bed until he left just before 6am. I had the impression to have him start our not so reliable van before he left, but I pushed it aside. My morning started like normal with getting Skai ready for school and I had everyone dressed and fed and ready to go, but our van refused to start. I called my sister and had her pick up Skai to take to school and then she came back so I could boost the van. After a good 20 minutes of trying, nothing worked. So I was husbandless and vehicless (not something I would encourage others to try). But Heavenly Father did not leave me alone through this. My sister, Terra, was kind enough to offer doing Kindergarten pick up for me and my sister-in-law, Sheralee, was wonderful and did the Joy School driving for me that day. I was blessed greatly. Skai had a friend come over after school on Tuesday for the afternoon which was fun, and Sher offered to have Abigail come over and play for the afternoon, which she really enjoyed. While Skai and her friend Molly were playing they were very interested in our Love Birds that we have. To get a better look, they thought it would be a good idea to open the door to their cage so they could see the birds and the eggs better. After a while they moved on to other activities. While they were playing a game in our living room, and I was nursing Rutha, we all of a sudden heard a "THUNK". My first thought was, oh dear, those girls left the door to the bird cage open and a bird is out flying in my house. Sure enough my fears were true. Lissa, one of our love birds was flying around in our kitchen. I carefully put Rutha in her crib, and put on our oven gloves and attempted to catch that bird. Lissa eventually made her way into our bedroom. I went from our bed to a chair by my dresser several times failing to catch her. After praying fervently I continued to try to catch her. After a while she hit something that stunned her for a bit and she ended up in Rutha's bed and then onto our floor under some of Landon's clothes. That is how I was able to get her. I carefully reached in the clothes and picked her up and returned her to her cage. Shortly after Lissa was back in her rightful spot, Sparkle, the other Love Bird was sure giving her a talking to scoulding her for her bad choice to leave her home. All in the house were releived to have the bird back where she belonged. Shortly after 4:30 Landon gave me a call saying that he was back in Raymond and would be home shortly. Heavenly Father knew what I could take and felt I had dealt with enough that day and relieved me by sending Landon home early which I was so thankful for. Before Landon went to Calgary, though, I explained what was happening that Tuesday to our girls and let them know we could eat what ever they wanted to for dinner. Skaidrite took everyones orders and it was decided that we would have Pizza for dinner with strawberry pizza for dessert. I did not know how to make strawberry pizza so I made it up. I took parts of 2 different recipes and put freshly sliced strawberries on top. It tasted delicious, and were able to share it with some other family. Landon was also glad that he was home in time to enjoy both the pizza and the strawberry pizza with us.

Wednesday didn't stop to slow down for us. The girls and I had a chiropractor appointment in the morning. Then we went to Stay-and-Play in the afternoon because I promised the girls I would. I visit and teach Nancy who works and the parent link center and last time we came after stay-and-play was over and the girls wished they could have been there for the whole time rather then just the tail end. So this month we did go for all of stay-and-play and then I visited and taught Nancy afterwards. We rushed home after that was over and got dinner together so I could go to our Ward's Relief Society anniversary dinner. The dinner was amazing as was the program. Since the ward boundries were changed last Sunday, we said our farewells to some of the sisters that are moving on to the 9th ward. I was ready for bed Wednesday night.

Thursday I went visiting teaching again and Sher was wonderful and took my girls for me so I could actually visit. It was nice. Friday was much quieter and we did most of our housework this day because Saturday was going to be busy.

Saturday, Landon and I were able to help prepare the food for the Honored Quest Party (a party for the elderly in the community). Sher and Jared once again came to the rescue and took all four of our girls for the time that we were at the cultural hall getting the food ready. It was fun visiting with the others there helping and also seeing all the guests come and enjoy the meal and program. Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa Hardy were honored during part of the program and it was entertaining to hear the oos and aaaas when they mentioned the number of grandchildren, great-grandchildren, and great-great-grandchildren that the had plus 73 years of marriage. The best part was actually spending time with Landon (I felt like I had not seen him all week) and we were able to enjoy the fine food after we were finished serving. It was nice to be able to do that for those special people. After we got our girls from their cousin's house, we were off to a birthday party for Naiomi (a cousin). Then finally we were home. We went for a walk and visited with some neighbors who had a baby a month ago and also went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Hardy. Dinner was pancakes and then bed.

Today was church. We went to the 9th ward for baby Eden's baby blessing. It was nice to see those from our ward who have moved on to the 9th ward. Then we rushed back to our ward because I really wanted to see who was now in our ward. We got a lot of new families that I am very excited to get to know as we continue in this ward the 4th ward.

So that was our week in a nut shell. It has been fun and I learned a lot and am thankful for sisters who are always there when I need them. I could not have survived this week without my sisters ( in consider you sister-in-laws my sisters). I love you all and thank you!

2 comments:

Raymond Writing Mentor said...

Thanks for writing, Brenna! It is inspiring to feel your faith in the words you share. I love your blog's new look!

Unknown said...

found your blog! Our's is http://onourlittlesliceofbread.blogspot.com/