Thursday, March 26, 2009

Relief Society Anniversary Dinner

Dear Family and Friends,
I thought that I should share with you the experience I had last night at our wards Relief Society Anniversary Dinner. Even though it was snowing really good last night I felt I should attend the dinner. They had a delicious Roast Beef dinner and a beautiful program about Helping Hands. They had a slide show of the hands of sisters in our ward doing something that they are good at, and we had to guess whose hands where whose. It was fun. When I came in, I originally had sat down at a table with some older sisters in our ward. Then my friend Collet came in and asked me to sit with her at her table. Had I not moved I would not be sending this email out. There were a bunch of young moms at the table with us. While they were enjoying their salad, Collet and I went to get our dinner. We had missed the beginning of the conversation at our table, but we soon were informed that 2 of the sisters at the table were pregnant and were due in September and October. Jokingly Collet turned to me and asked me when I was due. When I responded, November, you should have heard her scream in surprise. She couldn't stop saying "No way Brenna, I can not believe it." I then informed Cathy, another mom, that I would not be able to do the triatholon this summer that I was hoping to train for. So I figured that now that the whole Raymond Fourth Ward knows that I should tell all of you. Yes I am pregnant and we are due the end on November! Hardy Grandchild number 35, and Ogrins Grandchild number 11 is on its way! Surprise!

4 comments:

Miki said...

Wow what an awesome surprise!!! Congrats Hermana. Since you shared your surprise with me, here is mine... I am due in October with Baby #2. Glad we can be pregnant together this year!!! love ya

Sher said...

Congratulations, Landon and Brenna!

ChristopheRobyn said...

Okay,since you and Hermana Akoi are both pregnant, does this mean that I need to get pregnant with number 2 this year too?! I am so excited for you guys. Congratulations.

Ryan and Amanda said...

I just happened across your blog! Congratulations! We are happy for you guys!